Thursday, September 16, 2010

Shadow Leaves

This last week I decided to go out and play with the camera that I am borrowing from my friend at the time being until I can afford my own quality camera. Using some of the techniques, or information rather from the book, I experimented around a little bit with some different settings on the camera. For the most part, I focused on using the macro feature on the camera along with different angles of which to shoot the picture. Lighting was another important factor in my shots on the close-up leaves. The sun was just starting to set outside while I was at home, so I decided to experiment with how the light affected the shots on our trees.
I used the side light from the sun that was hitting the leaves from the upper left, and snapped some shots so that the leaves were defined along with the shadows following in front. The shots could have more in likely come out clearer if I had messed with the histogram and aperture setting a little more, but this was just practice. The other technique I used was placing my center of interest. The front leaves were my point of interest, so that they were the most defined and then the leaves in the background sort of blurred out the farther from the center of interest they got.

No comments:

Post a Comment