Friday, September 10, 2010

It's a bird, no a waterfall!


                For this blog I decided to do something a little bit different from searching for photos and photographers on the internet.  Instead, I had this great idea to search through some of my older photos that I have taken since around 2004 of different things in nature.  All of these pictures were taken around my hometown Douglas, Wyoming at different times of the year and were mostly just because I happened to have my camera there at the time.  Grant it, all of these were taken by a point and shoot camera with nothing more than a 5 megapixel camera, but the quality on some of them I feel is pretty impressive.  The Blue Jay that I captured happened to be injured in my cousin’s back yard, so I happened to get very lucky with getting close shots within one foot of the bird. It was sweet!! The pictures of the bird are by far some of my favorites that I have ever shot. 
                My second favorite shot that I have posted is one that I took of a waterfall on a mountain just above Bolder, Colorado.  I had just finished running a trail race with a few friends back home, and on the way down we decided to do some sightseeing.  As we hiked back a trail some little ways along a creek, we came upon this decently sized waterfall.  I took around twenty or more shots of it just to get a good angle and area on it.  The shot came out as good as I could have asked for given the camera I was using at that time. 
                Though it is nice to have a great quality camera; in the experience I have had in the past so far, I believe it also takes a smart and skilled photographer to actually make the shot count as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment