Thursday, September 23, 2010

9/23 blog


            
This last weekend I took out the camera and decided to play around a little bit more with it to try and figure more things on it.  I took an abundance of close up pictures since I was nowhere near any places with landscapes that weren’t obscured by any buildings.  The three pictures that I have posted in this blog were chosen for a reason.  The detail of my central focus points came out very well and clear, but even more important than that is that the detail is even better.  When I was scoping of what to take pictures of, I was actually just taking these shots as practice for focusing the camera lens and zoom. 
             
After loading all of my shots onto the computer, however, I noticed some really neat things on some of them especially the nub of the tree and little pine branch.  There were all sorts of webbings and things on there that I did not notice by just standing there looking at them.  I came to the realization that some shots can come out even better than you expect just by messing with the settings on the camera and angles.  I took many different angled shots on these because the lighting outside was so bright and yet shaded from the trees.  After moving to the side I was able to use the side light from the sun and get clearer shots of the pine branch and nub. 
           
  Also, layering played an effect that made the shots come out even better as well.  Not only did I get the main object focused on, but I also had a few other elements in the background such as the blurred fence, trees, little bits of lighting and such.  Overall it turned out to be a neat little photo shoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment