Thursday, October 28, 2010

Angle, Distance, and Yes!

                It is amazing of the many different angles that you can present basically the same picture.  In these shots I was just randomly shooting out back of our house along a canal that crosses just on the other side of our fence.  As I was shooting leaves and other things falling in and floating down it, I looked down and saw this plant with some sort of webbing on it.  I thought it would be quite the neat picture.  I looked at my first shot and realized that it really wasn’t all as great as I had figured it would be.  After taking more pictures and getting ready to leave, I looked back down at the plant and was trying to think of a way to make the shot work.
                I started repeatedly taking pictures of the plant with the webbing on it, and then got the idea of getting closer.  Well, that helped a little bit but not of how I was wanting the picture to come out.  Just before getting extremely frustrated with the pictures produced from my shots, I thought, “why don’t I just mess with the angles”.  “Of course”!  With the combination of trying different angles and moving closer, I was able to come to a shot that I liked.  The last one I have posted is like being eye level with the plant, and turned out to be my best shot of it.  The quality of the shot was great and has good detail on the webbing and other things attached to the leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment