Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Iso/shutter/aperture

This night it was around seven to seven thirty, and i decided to try and get some shots of the sunset at Zimmerman Park.  Unfortunately, I left a little too late to get the sunset itself and instead took shots of the sun almost down.  My gaol now was to get the color of the background with the sillouettes of the trees because i felt like that would be a neat idea.  Since it was pretty much dark now, I had to mess with some of the settings on my camera.  I set the ISO to about 400 I believe, which was giving me the best quality shots as far as seeing the whole background color with the sillouettes.  I got a few decent shots with it, but then they were coming out too dark.  In combination with my aperture/exposure going up, my shutter speed would go down.  This gave me a much brighter picture, but then I had a blurred effect because i was not able to hold the camera still without a tripod.  Then i figured out how to speed up my shutter speed and leave the exposure and aperture close to the same.  The result was my second picture down, which came out fairly decently.  My favorite shot of these, however, is the very top one.

No comments:

Post a Comment